- SemsoTai SSD mSATA
- Capacity: 128GB SATA III
- Brand: SemsoTai
- Type: mSATA
- Warranty: 3 Years Brand Warranty
- Supporting OS: Windows, DOS, Linux, Mac & Others.
What is mSATA?
An mSATA SSD is a solid-state drive (SSD) that conforms to the mSATA interface specification developed by the Serial ATA (SATA) International Organization.
An mSATA SSD has a smaller form factor than a standard SSD and is designed for use with portable, power-constrained devices such as laptops, tablets and netbooks. Although they can still be found in older laptops and devices, mSATA SSDs are increasingly being replaced by M.2 SSDs. The mSATA SSD flash storage device is still used in commercial products such as digital signs, point-of-sale devices, retail kiosks and multifunctional printers.
An mSATA SSD is roughly the size of a business card. Advantages of mSATA SSDs include a small form factor, lower power consumption than a standard SSD, shock and vibration resistance, and fast boot and shutdown capabilities. The maximum bandwidth of an mSATA SSD is 6 gigabits per second (Gbps).
How is mSATA used?
MSATA SSDs were developed for use where their small form factor would be beneficial — for example, in ultra-thin laptops. MSATA devices can also act as a cache drive, speeding up access to frequently accessed data and applications.
Examples of mSATA devices
Although often replaced by M.2 SSDs, mSATA SSDs can still be found in the following devices:
- phone conference systems;
- GPS devices;
- automated care devices;
- electronic patient records systems;
- drive caches; and
- electronic smartboards.
What features does semsotai ssd msata have?
MSATA SSDs provide the following features:
- Speed. Read and write speeds can reach up to around 551 Mbps and 304 Mbps, respectively. MSATAs have a maximum bandwidth of 6 Gbps.
- Capacity. Storage capacity options typically range from 8 GB to 512 GB, but mSATA SSDs can also reach up to 1 TB, which is comparable to some storage devices today.
- Reliability. MSATA SSDs are typically known for their reliability in data storage and can last from 1.5 to 2 million hours. Protective cases on these SSDs also add resistance from external shock and vibration.
Other features of mSATA drives can include end-to-end data protection, inclusion of error correction code and cyclic redundancy checks.